Solution – Your Connection is not Private Error in Google Chrome
“Your connection is not Private” Error in Google Chrome NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID” / ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
These types of error messages are quite common among Google Chrome users.
In this article, we will cover several methods to fix Chrome issues, follow all details and instructions carefully;
Reason – Why “ Your Connection is not Private Error” Arise
Before initiating the solution first look below the reasons…!!!!
– May be your system date & time incorrect
– Problem with the browser and its extensions
– Incorrect network setting is the reason for this error
– Incorrect antivirus and firewall setting
– Outdated operating system
– Outdated Computer software
To solve Computer problems, read Computer troubleshooting blogs
Resolutions –“ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID in Chrome browser”
Solution 1: Check your Computer Date and Time
If the system date or time is incorrect then connection error appears. To solve this error, adjust your system date and time.
Steps to change date and time setting:
– First off, right click on the date and time in the Windows Notification Area.
– Then select “Change data & time” option
– If wrong time display on your Computer, change recently your Time Zone properly.
Solution 2: Use Incognito Mode to fix Connection not Private Error
Chrome allows the user to surf in incognito mode that hides your identity and history. If you are using this mode then, your browser will not store any data on your Computer.
To access the incognito mode, click on three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select “New Incognito Window” option from the drop down list. Now, try to visit the website, which you are trying, to access.
Solution 3: Clear Browser History
If your browser collects more cache, data and history then this error comes up. Delete your browsing data, such as cookies or caches images and files to resolve your issue.
To clear browser data, follow these steps:
– Click on three dots in the top right corner of your screen
– Select “more tool “option from drop down list
– Now, select “clear browsing data” option
– At the top, Set the time range, if you delete everything then, select All time.
– Tick all check boxes to delete everything
– In last, click on clear data
Solution 4: Turn off Antivirus Temporarily
Steps to turn off antivirus temporarily, these are listed below:
– Click on Window Start button
– Click on “Control Panel”
– Select “System & Security” option
– Now, click on “Window Firewall”
– Choose “Turn off Window firewall on and off” option from left pane of screen
– Further, select the bubble next to “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)”.
– Click on OK button to save changes
Outdated Chrome is the reason for this error. So, Update your Google Chrome and resolve.
Open Chrome and click on three dots at the right corner. Select help>>>>>>>about Chrome. After clicking on these, Chrome will automatically check for updates.
If there is any update available then, it will start to download them. You don’t need to do anything to start this process.
Thus, you can rectify “your connection is not private” error in Google Chrome.