Printer Stopped Working after Window 10 Update – Fixed
Are you unable to fix Printer stopped working after Window 10 update?
Mainly, this issue might come across when the printer does not support the Window 10 OS.
Let’s focus on its troubleshooting to rectify printer not working problems.
Basic Fixes – Printer stopped Working after Updating Window 10
1. Firstly, click on the Window icon on the left side of your screen.
2. Select Setting>>>>>>Devices>>>>>>>>Printer & Scanner.
3. Scroll down and check if your printer name is present in the unspecified field or not.
4. Now, Right click on Printer name and Select Troubleshooting.
5. Delete the Printer software.
6. After deletion, Install the currently released software.
7. In last, Reset your printer settings and change it to default.
Still, error prompt then, move further with other advanced troubleshooting steps to fix printer issues.
Steps to Fix Printer not Working after Upgrading Window 10 Issue
Start with its troubleshooting solutions on Printer stopped working after Window 10 update
Method 1: Power Cycle your Printer
Power cycle often is a very effective way to fix mysterious issue on different devices. So, try this to solve your printer issue:
– Turn off your printer and plug out power cord from the printer.
– Turn off your Computer.
– Wait till approx. 30 seconds.
– Now, turn on Computer and plug the printer power cord back into your printer.
– Turn on the printer and check whether it is working or not.
If yes then, great!! Otherwise, go to the next step.
Method 2: Check Printer Connection
Make sure, printer is properly connected with the power socket and internet too. If your printer is not connected properly then, the issue comes up.
Method 3: Update Printer Drivers
This problem occurs when you are using wrong and outdated drivers. So, update your printer drivers immediately.
Points….. update printer drivers!!!
1. Go to the Control Panel -> Choose Category (View by small icons).
2. Click Device Manager
3. In the device manager list, locate your printer that you want to update drivers.
4. Right click on printer and click “Update driver”
5. Choose whether to search for drivers automatically or manually – choose automatically unless you have already downloaded the latest drivers or have them on external storage
6. In case, you find difficulty to update drivers, look at the manufacturer’s website and update drivers.
7. Run the installer to complete setup.
Method 4: Reset the Printer Spooler to Fix Printer stopped working after Windows Update
Reset printer spooler….
– Press Window + R key together.
– Type services.msc in the run dialog box and press Ok.
– Scroll down and choose “Print Spooler” from the Drop down list.
– Then, next Right click on Printer spooler and click on Stop option.
The process not be finished, do this for further setting:
– Again Press window + R keys together.
– Type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers in the search bar of the Run dialog box and click on the “Ok” button.
– Select all files and delete to clear the printer queue.
– Now, go back to the service window and locate print spooler.
– Then, double click on it and click on “Start” option.
– Next, click on Start-up types>>>>>>Automatic and click on “OK” to save changes.
Method 5: Run Window Trouble-shooter
In addition, Windows trouble-shooters help to resolve lots of issues.
1. In Windows 10: Settings \ Update & security \ Troubleshoot
2. Next, you will see a list of programs or software that you want to troubleshoot.
3. Click on a troubleshooter you need. It will appear on the screen.
4. Follow the instructions provided in the troubleshooter wizard.
This should help you to resolve the problems related to the troubleshooter you opened.
Click here to know more troubleshooting guides on Computer issues.