Echo Registration Failure Error 10:2:12:3:1 – Troubleshoot
Are you obsessed with getting an echo registration failure error 10:2:12:3:1?
There was an error registering your device.
Here, we will discuss some amazing hacks, tips that help you to solve echo registration error 10:2:12:3:1 on your own.
First and foremost, know requirements for setting up Echo device…
Requirements for Setting up Echo Alexa device:
Take a look on its basic requirements;
You’re entering the login information (i.e. email address or mobile number) you use to sign into your Amazon account.
* Your device or software application is running the latest available version.
* If you’re using mobile then, have:
Fire OS 3.0 or higher
Android 5.0 or higher
iOS/Mac OS 9.0 or higher
* If you’re using Desktop then, have:
Chrome Browser with advanced version
Desktop attest Pentium p4 with 1 GB RAM
Causes of Getting Echo Registration Error Message
What might be the reasons for getting this error message?
Some of them might be given below…………….why Echo registration failure error display!!
– You are about to run or register an echo setup process.
– If you are using a 2nd hand device.
– You can get this error if you receive an Amazon Echo from your friend.
– Setting Up Login Details may be the reason for registration error.
– In case you are using the echo device after one year or not used for a long time.
– You may also see this error after resetting echo in Alexa app.
– If you are not connecting to the network or Wi-Fi still you can get this error.
Basic Solutions for Echo Registration Error 10:2:12:3:1:
Try basic fixes before going to advanced solutions…!!!
– Always check your WiFi connection first or network.
– Check latest updates of Alexa echo app.
– Version you are using in your system
– Refresh your device.
– Reboot, Restart or Reconnect your system.
– Re-scan to avoid unwanted junk files.
Advance Fixes for Alexa Echo Registration Error
It’s time to go for advance solutions to rectify Alexa echo registration failure error 10:2:12:3:1
Case 1: For Alexa Echo Registration Failure
When your echo device is brand new, there’s a high chance you encounter a registration failure issue.
* Use the same email id while registering and setup echo device, which you have used once buying Echo from the official Amazon site.
* Try Simple fixes such as hard reset echo, modern restart and fresh download Alexa app.
* You get registration error due to Amazon servers slowing down. So, try registering the Echo device after some time.
Case 2: You got the Gift from your Friend or 2nd Hand Device
If you receive an echo device as a gift, this is the reason for getting a registration error…
1. First, contact the person who gifted the echo device.
2. De-register the echo device.
3. After signing out from your family or friend’s account, reset the device.
4. Next, register your gifted Echo device on your Amazon account.
Case 3: Resetting Echo in Alexa app
Resetting your echo is a good option. After a few times the user should reset his\her password so they didn’t face any problem with the Alexa device.
Let’s know about the reset process…..
– Once you set up the device on the app, type your IP address on the browser like http://192.168.0.1/.
– Now type the username and password of your router authenticated on a login page.
– Go to “Advanced” Settings in logs on successful login.
– Later on, go to Setup > WAN Setup under “Advanced” Settings
– Select “Disable Port Scan and DOS protection” checkbox and click on the “Apply” button.
– Finally, restart the modem/router and set up your Echo dot.
Case 4: If you are Using an Old Device
Using an old device will always show you an echo registration failure error 10:2:12:3:1. This is due to old versions of Alexa app all you need to do is as follow:
* Firstly download and install the latest version of Echo Dot Alexa app.
* After installation, open the Alexa app and navigate to the “Menu” bar.
* Under the “Settings” section, tap on your Echo device and then on “Alexa Device Software Update.
Case 5: Not Connecting to the Network or Wi-Fi
There can be another case like you are connecting to the network or not connected to Wi-Fi, li-fi, fi, 3g networks .In this case you still get this Alexa registration error on your screen.
– You can restart your Echo device, Internet modem, and/or router to resolve most Wi-Fi issues.
– Turn off your router and modem, and then wait 30 seconds.
– Turn on your modem, and then wait for it to restart.
– After you restart your modem, turn on your router, and then wait for it to restart.
– While your network hardware restarts, unplug the power adapter from your Echo device for three seconds, and then plug it back in.
– After you restart your Echo device and network hardware, try to connect to your Wi-Fi network again.
At end, if you are still getting an echo registration failure error 10:2:12:3:1 then contact us.